The headquarter of Waterstromen is located in Lochem. Currently, Waterstromen operates installations in a.o. Olburgen, Lichtenvoorde, Lomm, Etten, Wijster and Duiven with a team of approximately 30 employees. Waterstromen was founded in 1998 as a commercial subsidiary of the Rijn IJssel Water Board, but is meanwhile active throughout the Netherlands.
For many years, Waterstromen has been operating installations for the purification of water and the processing of residual flows at several locations. In this respect, Waterstromen is particularly specialized in industrial companies with a large amount of water and energy consumption, such as the potato processing and paper industry and tanneries.
Our goal is to purify water and residual flows as sustainably as possible. Firstly, efforts should be made to reduce water consumption and the pollution load of organic residual flows. Subsequently, energy, water and raw materials can be recovered by applying innovative technologies. For this, Waterstromen has the necessary knowledge and expertise to come to an optimal solution. Waterstromen can unburden through complete takeover, but also be of service by providing expertise of skilled manpower on location.
Your water is in good hands at Waterstromen!
What does Waterstromen do?
Waterstromen operates installations for the purification of waste-, residual-, process- and industrial-water and the processing of organic residual flows. Waterstromen also supports companies with their own purification system by providing expertise and support from specialized professionals.
- For purifying waste-, residual-, process- and industrial-water and organic residual flows in a reliable and sustainable way, specialist knowledge is required. Waterstromen has this knowledge!
- Waterstromen can unburden you by taking over the water treatment facility and/or realizing a new water treatment facility and operate it.
- Waterstromen guarantees the operational reliability of the water treatment facility and the discharge of water within the set standards.
- Waterstromen can help you achieve your sustainability goals by applying innovative technologies (a.o. energy transition, CO2-targets, water reuse, resource recovery).
- Treatment of water by Waterstromen provides a cost advantage instead of direct discharge!
- Water treatment is not a core activity for your company! You probably prefer to use financial resources, and manpower for the production process. Water treatment is a core activity for Waterstromen, which is why we are happy to invest in your water treatment installation and take care of the installation for the future.
What makes Waterstromen unique?
Working together to achieve a win-win solution is our motto
- Waterstromen has specialist knowledge and experienced professionals for the operation of your water treatment installation.
- Waterstromen believes in partnerships, in which we maintain a continuous dialogue with you in order to come to the most optimal situation together through (process) optimization.
- By choosing for Waterstromen, you choose for operational reliability, your production process will be influenced by the functioning of the water treatment installation. We guarantee operational reliability and ensure that water is always supplied.
- Waterstromen already operates various water treatment installations and has the knowledge and experience in operating at the interface between industry and government and knows how to come to a good chain solution through its network and experience with licensing authorities.
- By operating several industrial water treatment plants, Waterstromen is well aware of safety, legislation and regulations.
- Industrial water often still contains useful components. Among other things, we make from the organic components biogas and from nitrogen and phosphor a new fertilizer.
- We take care of all necessary permits, such as environmental, water or construction permits. The permit process is entirely at our expense. If necessary, we will have plans adjusted to find the optimal solution for you. In consultation with you, we take the initiative to the competent authority (municipality, province, water board).
In short, your water is in good hands at Waterstromen!